Cartoon Network

24 April 2012

[DIY] Re: BEST WOOD FENCE PROTECTANT??

 

Have you tried using a marine polyurethane. I think it comes in not glossy. I know it is expensive but I used it several years ago on my back steps which are out in the weather all the time and it's still holding good. I also use it on my picnic table. I put about 2 inches in a container and put the legs in it for about an hour each. No more rotting. Just a suggestion and I don't know much about this kind of stuff. Kathie

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "redfoxtotem" <redfoxtotem@...> wrote:
>
> WHEW!! I feel better having posted the xcel thing. (I have faith in you people!!)
>
> NOW. I have been using the Thompson's sealant on my wooden privacy fence for the past 3 years. I also tried a different brand the guy at the hardware store suggested. VERY expensive. The Thompson's doesn't even seem to last through the summer. I buy the kind that protects and prevents the wood from aging. I want it to look natural and retain its properties. I know Thompson's is one of the less expensive sealants and I suppose that is why. Is Behr's really that good? On one fence I had, the builder told me to use roof oil. It was really cheap and did every bit as well as Thompsons. I have a lot of fence. I have been brushing it on for additional sealing. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!
> Darci
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment