Cartoon Network

30 April 2012

Re: [DIY] repair of old style masonite lap siding

 

Howdy Friends,
 
In reguards in Hardi plank siding it's true in the first few years of it's being used it proved very poor.  However, now the newer redeigned manufacturing it's very well built.  I just completed my mom's house which is a complete duplex of the same floor plan with it.  This was from the Hardi Plank company.  I called the company after locating them from the web and ask for both samples and all styles from them.  They gladly provided any and all the support they could and some that wasn't even thought about.
 
Just about any color design and finished style can be done.  This is just one of the companies that manufacture this cement based product.  For any other and any questions you have in reguard to this product just get on the web and type in "hardiboard" and you will come up with several companies.
 
AGAPE,
jdb, txredneck
********************************************************************************************
********************************************************************************************

From: zinkz5 <stainkampjohn@gmail.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:04 PM
Subject: [DIY] repair of old style masonite lap siding
 
Hello again,
The siding on my house and garage is the old style 12" lap siding, made of Masonite. Fifty plus years old.
The siding on my garage is being completely replaced, probably with hardie-board cement fiber stuff. My house has the same type of siding though. What do I do about repairing(replacing)siding on my house? I don't want to reside my entire house.
Apparently this stuff has been outlawed because of the poor quality of the product manufactured in the '90's. What are my choices for repair materials? I saw one fellow use the wood grain cement fiberboard, and turn the wood grain to the inside, which still left a sort of burlap finish on the outside. Does anyone make the cement stuff with a smooth finish? Can I use Masonite panels cut to size? Salvaged material maybe?
Does any one make this stuff anymore?
Thanks,
John S.
Greensboro, NC

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment