Cartoon Network

23 April 2012

Re: [DIY] BYE - BYE, BIRDIES....

 

This is not tried and true from my experience as I have not attempted it.  I just remember reading about it awhile back.  Hang CD or DVD media on fishing line or place them somehow around the area of which you'd like to deter the birds.  Apparently the reflection of the sunlight or night lights bouncing off of the media keep them away.  You can use those freebie ISP discs that once came in the mail.  Or burnt discs with errors.  

If this works it seems it would be a very inexpensive method as well as safe.  I guess it would be up to the owner on whether it would be aesthetically suitable.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM, redfoxtotem <redfoxtotem@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Okay. Last one then I will go out and rake weeds.

My sister lives in lower mountain country up north and she had her house built approximately 10 years ago. Suddenly, she is having problems with small birds pecking holes in the side of her house to build nests. Naturally, she is not very pleased with the situation. It just started this spring. Someone mentioned "Bobbit Repellent". (I did a search and mainly found information on the gal who was totally mad at her cheating husband.) I can't remember what my sister's house is made from. I have found information on the holographic tape, fake owls, noise makers, etc. Does anyone have a practical, effective remedy???
THANKS!! Darci


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment