Cartoon Network

30 April 2012

Re: [DIY] wall studs

 

You can scab but I prefer a minimum of 24" and 36" is better.  I always use Torx drive deck screws, don't skimp and suck 'em up tight.  Sometimes you do more damage trying to drive nails into old hardened wood than you repair.

Dale in the Flat Lands:-----         Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.      ~Ronald Reagan        

zinkz5 wrote:
can I scab in new sections (about 12" long) at the bottoms? Is just nailing them in OK, or would screws be better? Do I need some kind of "connector" plates to graft on a new one foot section at the bottom of the stud, rather than going along side of it with a new piece?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment