Cartoon Network

17 August 2011

[DIY] Re: painting question/advice

 

do not paint the pressure treated wood for at least 60-90 days in the weather. the paint will just bubble up. there's moisture in the wood that has to dry.
wait until next spring, pressure wash CAREFULLY, prime with a good oil based primer and good quality paint and have fun.

darrell

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "sandaidh" <sandaidh@...> wrote:
>
> Now that the front porch is done, and the new header in place on the back
> porch, the question arises...when to paint? Everything I've read and heard
> says to wait; sometimes a month, sometimes up to three months. Yet on the
> DIY shows that I've been watching, they're painting wood in one to three
> *days*. Needless to say, information is conflicting. And I'll admit that
> I'm kind of 'itching' to get things painted.
>
> The front porch is all pressure treated wood. The header on the back porch
> is regular lumber, with one pressure treated post (the other three were the
> old posts and already painted).
>
> My 'problem,' if you will, with waiting three months is that puts me smack
> into winter weather, and really means waiting until late next spring at the
> earliest. If it's like my back porch steps, I waited over the winter, as
> suggested, and...it's now been three years and they're still now stained.
> Now, they're so dirty I need to buy a pressure washer to clean them before I
> can do anything else. I don't want that to happen with the other porch and
> header. I don't want to lose the momentum, if you will.
>
> So...advice anyone?
>
> Sandaidh bean-fhigheadair a' bhreacain
> sandaidh@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment