Cartoon Network

18 August 2011

[DIY] Re: Rock Salt and Car Jack

 



Nancy,

Check out this information on servicing hydraulic jacks:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5527636_refill-floor-jack.html

----------------------------------------------------------

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "nan8136" <nanmaas@...> wrote:
>
> Two questions - While cleaning the garage I came across an uncovered plastic bucket that had rock salt in it, the kind for using on sidewalks for ice. When I poured it into a better container that had a cover I saw that the bottom of the container was wet. So of course was the bottom of the salt that just came out of it. Can it be used this winter? Do I need to do anything to it to get it dry? Lay it out in the sun while it's not too humid here?
>
> 2 ton hydraulic floor jack. It doesn't pump up with the little rod that you pump. Can refilling the fluid make it work again? I wish I would have listened to my husband while he was still around better than I did. I think I remember him doing something like this long ago, probably to another jack. I think I'm better off than many widows in that I know lots about what all this garage stuff does but I'm stumped on this stuff. If the jack is fixable I could give it away. If not it will go in the trash.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nancy
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment