Cartoon Network

18 August 2011

Re: [DIY] WATER TUBE IN SWAMP COOLER NOT PUTTING OUT WATER...

 

I'm not sure WHAT is in the water, but I KNOW I would rather not be enlightened!! I don't drink it unfiltered and neither do my "kids"!! I have seen what it does to the pipes, the hot water heater, the dishwasher, anything in its way!!! I guess I will do the vinegar thing on the tubes and get a replacement pump!! Thank goodness it is getting down to the low 60's at night!!! The electric company loves me.. 9 fans all running day and night... facing in towards the house - out away from the house ... down from the ceiling. Colorado used to be such a (literally) COOL place to live!!

Thanks, again, for all the help and suggestions.. and strange stories!! Darci


--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "radman" <wolfdarrell@...> wrote:
>
>
> do you have hard water, if so it may well be a mineral buildup in the tube. especially since the flow is so small and slow.
> it shouldn't be that hard to remove the tube, soak an hour or so in vinegar to dissolve the minerals clean out and replace it.
> even a water softener will allow a sludge deposit over time so periodic cleaning is best.
> i would also check to make sure the pump is working. again, mineral deposits can be the problem, except i doubt you can clean the pump. these are usually very basic appliances, so regular cleaning shouldn't be that hard and will pay off in the long run.
>
> darrell
>
>> >

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment