Cartoon Network

17 August 2011

[DIY] painting question/advice

 

Now that the front porch is done, and the new header in place on the back
porch, the question arises...when to paint? Everything I've read and heard
says to wait; sometimes a month, sometimes up to three months. Yet on the
DIY shows that I've been watching, they're painting wood in one to three
*days*. Needless to say, information is conflicting. And I'll admit that
I'm kind of 'itching' to get things painted.

The front porch is all pressure treated wood. The header on the back porch
is regular lumber, with one pressure treated post (the other three were the
old posts and already painted).

My 'problem,' if you will, with waiting three months is that puts me smack
into winter weather, and really means waiting until late next spring at the
earliest. If it's like my back porch steps, I waited over the winter, as
suggested, and...it's now been three years and they're still now stained.
Now, they're so dirty I need to buy a pressure washer to clean them before I
can do anything else. I don't want that to happen with the other porch and
header. I don't want to lose the momentum, if you will.

So...advice anyone?

Sandaidh bean-fhigheadair a' bhreacain
sandaidh@localnet.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment