Cartoon Network

31 August 2011

[DIY] Ceramic tile on top of vinyl flooring?

 

If anyone recalls, I'd recently posted about having a raised acadian style house, we're about to out 18x18 ceramic tile in out dining, kitchen, and utility rooms. We're using schluter-ditra. We plan to get started this weekend. I supposed I'll find the time tomorrow to call the store owner for his opinion, but I have to at least ask:

is there any advantage at all to laying this over the existing laminate floor that is there?

I'm thinking NO. But, I do not KNOW so, I'm asking. :u)

It's laminate flooring from the 1980's, AND we painted it w deck paint a few yrs ago. (it looked pretty decent but is starting to wear, it was better than the ugly color that it was until we could ceramic tile it).

It's in pretty good shape, seems to be very well installed (No gaps etc., and no cuts or scratches. So, only if there is an advantage to leaving it there and putting the thin set, then ditra mat, then thins set again then tile, then grout then sealer, let me know. Thanks,

PS I guess I'll find out if I'm being moderated still! :u)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment