Cartoon Network

25 August 2011

Re: [DIY] Saw?

 

If you find a way to use your circular saw, try placing a strip of tape along the line that you are trying to cut.  Sometimes this helps to prevent chipping in laminate.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:18 AM, greatyoga <greatyoga@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I am installing laminate wood flooring in a room with a few stairs. One stair has the flooring not meeting at right angles to the stair riser going downstairs. It is probably an acute 30 degree angle. I want to put a oak strip across the end of the stair. I got a straight line to cut the pieces off so they would meet the strip flush. However, I was wondering what the best way to cut these so there would be no space between the strip and the rest of the flooring. I started to use a hacksaw because it does not chip and the edge will be pretty straight with maybe a little sanding. The problem is that I can only cut a few inches through a long cut of each piece which is probably about 18" each. Can anyone recommend another way to cut these? I only have minimal tools. I have a circular saw but that will tear up the laminate and I can't but it perfectly straight. I do not have enough clamps to make a straightedge either.

Thanks
GB


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment