Cartoon Network

21 August 2011

Re: [DIY] EASY PRIVACY FENCE??

 

The other suggestions were great of course, but we put our own fence up and I think a good answer if you have difficult ground. We did those wire rods (greed, with wedges/openeins in them for easy atatchment of wire fences, I suddenly forget what they're called).
We used ^ ft hog wire fencing, and did this around almost two acres. One section we do actually have a "nice" wood fence, the perimeter of property alongside my parents, that we went halvsies on. I then planted grave vines on the perimter running E-W, and black and respberyy vines running N-S. IT's taking a season for them to overcome the fence, but it was not as expensive as wood fencing which would eventuallt be covered anyway (we have ligustrum on the other side completely blocking the view, and honeysuckle and asian jasmine on the fencing elswhere. Pro- inexpensive, easy to drive the 8 ft fence poles into the ground ( we did every 10 ft) but Con is that it took a coupel months for the plants to block to give provicy.
Bamboo, honeysuckle, asian jasmine (if you have the best conditions) are all very fast growing plants if you want to try them.
I FEEL for you. we're rural, 2 acre neighborhood plots, and I can STAND nieghbors who always seem to see or watch you. We put up the fencing not just for privacy but also bc we have 4 german shepherds, need a good tall fence for these athletic dogs.
I would fence THAT perimeter up first, if I were you!!! lol

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Chmelik" <Chmelik@...> wrote:
>
> When we wanted to install a privacy fence to make an enclosed courtyard in
> the front, we bought the fence in pieces, first we figured out how many
> posts we would need, then saved up that much money plus another 40 bucks or
> so, for the powered post hole auger. We laid out the post positions on
> weekend then set them in place. We used a basket weave pattern, I can post a
> picture if you want, but we saved the cash to buy the lumber for one
> section, then bought that lumber and put up that section, then started
> saving for the next section, so when we were done the fence was paid for, no
> credit and now huge outlay all at once, you also get to put the sections
> that block the most view up first.
> ck
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of redfoxtotem
> Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:46 PM
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DIY] EASY PRIVACY FENCE??
>
> It there such a thing?? I "love" living in town. NOT!! I actually have
> pretty good neighbors but Murphy (the one of "Murphy's Law" fame) has
> followed me around the past few years and must have followed me here. I
> have a really goofy (to the point of being spooky) neighbor who is usually
> high on something. He lives with his parents who are gone 6 months out of
> the year. This guy is in his 50's. His bedroom window looks out on my front
> door and driveway area. He can see me coming and going and it gets harder
> and harder to sneak past him.
>
> IS THERE ANY EASY WAY to install some kind of privacy fence along the drive
> and walk way at the front of my house?? The area gets VERY WINDY at times.
> The snow can get rather high. The sun is gruesome. I am NOT good at
> digging deep into the ground, which contains numerous river rocks.
>
> I need something with good privacy that I can just kind of push/pound into
> the ground ... deep enough it will stay up ..tall enough (6 ft??) to give me
> privacy. I purchsed one metal trellis on sale for $30 and it's only about 5
> ft high. The climbing weeds quickly took it over, but they are dying off
> now that winter is starting this direction.
>
> Money is a bit of an issue as far as having something professionally
> constructed. It seems every time I turn around I am spending LOTS of money
> on this house. Of course, moving isn't an option with the market sinking
> lower and lower. ANY FANTASTIC SUGGESTIONS????
>
> Thanks!! Darci (Nothing like asking the impossible.)
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
> send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
> Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment