Cartoon Network

18 August 2011

[DIY] Re: painting question/advice

 



FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: Oil based paint is hard to clean off the brushes, etc., and is supposed to be disposed of in a special manner. Latex paint which is made for exteriors of buildings has come a long ways!! I painted my house 3 years ago using a heavy-duty latex paint with the primer included. I put on a total of 3 coats - I used a brush and then I used a roller over that and then I went back over with the brush and roller to ensure nothing was missed. The house had been previously painted so I pressure hosed it and scraped every bit of it. It's that pressed wood kind of "siding". It still looks great!!! (Knocking on wood.) Darci

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "sandaidh" <sandaidh@...> wrote:
>
> From: "radman"
> > wait until next spring, pressure wash CAREFULLY, prime with a good oil
> > based primer and good quality paint and have fun.
>
> Why oil based primer? What if I want to use a latex paint? From what I've
> read, primer and paint should 'match'...oil based primer to oil based paint;
> latex primer to latex paint.
>
> Sandaidh bean-fhigheadair a' bhreacain
> sandaidh@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment