Cartoon Network

28 August 2011

Re: [DIY] WATER TUBE IN SWAMP COOLER NOT PUTTING OUT WATER...

 



Well, that's one thing (aside from the Rocky Mountains) I liked about Colorado.. the lack of 90% humidity. However, I think that is beginning to change!! My parents grew up in Missouri so, via visits with grandparents and other relatives, and growing up outside of Wichita, Kansas, I definitely understand humidity and I am thankful not to be living there or any further south!!

The water here is NOT the pure, clean, tasty Rocky Mountain water they use for brewing Coors beer, by any means!! The radon factor is everywhere .. occuring naturally. That I don't worry about. But there is a lot of uranium around here that has been dumped above town and covered. Also, I think the minerals in the water are pretty bad. The water tastes slimey in spite of the fact we taxpaying citizens had to support a new water treatment facility. AND the EPA, as diligent as they are, allow the various towns up river from us to dump their "treated" waste water into the Colorado River. If it is so clean, why does it smell like raw sewage?? The town I live in (downstream) takes a lot of its water from the river. BLAH!! I filter everything. And I buy professionally filtered water... here in the middle of Colorado. Sad.

BUT I WANT TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!! And thanks to everyone who helped me get things going, again. I just got back from a 120 round trip where I was able to find a new pump AND IT WORKS!! Between cleaning out the tubing and replacing the pump (the other was was black in the back and I'd tried to get it to work.. period.. and it was DOA. Kind of like trying to get anyone at Lowes or Home Depot to acknowledge one's presence.) I finally went to Sutherland and was helped right away!!

I may have to turn on the furnance pretty soon... it is getting plenty frosty in there now!!!! FINALLY!!! a-a-h-h-h-h-h-h... feels so GOOOOOOOD!! Thanks, again, to everyone!!!! Darci

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "radman" <wolfdarrell@...> wrote:
>>
> the mineral deposits that form are just the minerals from the ground that have dissolved in the water. and some even propose that they are good for you. i know i would rather drink from a deep water well than from the treated water in the city. you can put filters on your water to get rid of the "bugs" and taste filters and iron filters ect. if that's what worries you. they are simple to install and change out.
> check the pump before replacing it, it might still be good. maybe run some cider vinegar (the dark stuff) thru it.
> basically all the pump is, is a glorified aquarium pump--it pumps water from the holding basin up to the spreader that trickles it down over the cooling fiber mats that the fan blows air thru.
> here in bubba land missouri, the humidity is so bad i pour about 3gal of water out of my basement dehumidifier every few days. and believe me a dehumidifier sucks up the electricity. be glad you're in the dry climate.
> dw

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment