Cartoon Network

31 August 2011

[DIY] Re: Painting al siding

 

First might I suggest you make sure you are dealing with aluminum
siding. See if a magnet attaches if so I don't think it is aluminum. I
too, thought I had aluminum siding but come to find out it is not. My
non-aluminum siding I primed with an oil base metal primer from Sherwin
Williams and then painted with an exterior latex. It has held up for
over 10 years.

> I planted a tree too close to the house and when it grew up it
> scrapped all
> the paint off the aluminum siding.
> The tree has been removed but the aluminum looked pretty bad so I
> painted it
> last year.
>
> Now that paint does not look so good. It is flaking and spotty and I
> will
> have to paint it again or give up and go vinyl.
>
> Is there a trick to getting good paint on the aluminum?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Google Jer
> Woodhaven, Mi

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment