Cartoon Network

21 August 2011

[DIY] Deck Construction Questions

 

I'm building a free standing deck landing with stairs next to an
existing deck. It will be 4x4 on 4 6x6 PT posts with 2 2x beams.

1. I'm located in Denver. What's the frost line? I have seen anywhere
from 24" to 40".
2. What size beam should I use? Is a double 2x12 overkill?
3. Should I notch the posts to accept the beams or set the beams on top
of the posts?
4. How far can I cantilever the deck past the posts/beams?

I've seen many different answers and am just trying to reach a
consensus. Any further info or links would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
John

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment